Sunday, May 27, 2007

Today it is born!

Today I caved and started my blog. Why not, you may ask - everyone else is blogging!

And so, welcome to my blog, The Paper Gypsy. What a funny name! I tried to think of something that would reflect who I am, and a Paper Gypsy was the only possible answer. The Paper part comes from my love of creating cards, scrapbook pages, and mini books from paper. I am a stamper at heart and the feeling of putting ink to rubber and then adding that to paper is my idea of peace.

And Gypsy comes from the fact that I have spent most of my life traveling, either to a new place to live or for business. I have had the good fortune to have lived in Chicago, Phoenix, Oakland, Honolulu, Denver, Johannesburg (South Africa), and now Clayton. I even lived in Switerland for 6 weeks one summer while I was still in high school! The fact that I have spent the last 13 years in Clayton probably means that I have to hang up my travelling shoes and hand in my honorary gypsy card. But I still like to sneak away for the occasional week-end trip or the annual week in Yosemite.


With this blog I will be sharing mostly my love of paper and stamping with you, but will also sneak in the occasional trip, great recipe, some interesting yarn finds for socks, and the progress of this year's vegetable garden (if it ever gets started!)


Please come back and visit often. Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh m' gawd. . . she's become a blimey blogger. looking forward to fun updates. ciao ciao bella! Ruth