Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All of You Free Motion Machine Quilters Out There Need to Look at This Blog!

Last week I subscribed to the new  In Stitches  e-magazine from Interweave.  I have had a chance to look through it, but did not make time to actually sit down at the computer and read it until today.  All I can say is WOW!  It is full of some wonderful fiber artists, samples of their work, instructions and patterns.

Today I made time to look at the article entitled "9 Free Motion Designs"  As a free motion machine quilter I know that there is a lot for me to learn.  Well, the article is about Lea Day, who has this amazing blog entitled "365 Days of Free Motion Quilting Filler Designs ". Yes, she is producing 365 days of filler designs, and all of them are amazing.  My regret about finding this blog is that I only found it this morning, and she is already on day 200!  Thank goodness past blog entries are retained, and there is a link on the right side (near the top) that will allow you to see all of the designs she has posted so far.

If you are a machine quilter, you owe it to yourself to check this blog out!  I hope you enjoy looking at it as much  as I did.

2 comments:

Jane LaFazio said...

I haven't looked at that article yet, in the emag, but I will! Did you see my needle felting one?
Melly Testa does some free motion in that issue too...so good. so very good.

Sandi said...

Jane, because of that article I am so in awe of your work. As my new business continues down the track and there is some spare cash, I will be getting a needle felting machine. And it is all because of YOU, JANE! LOL!!!