Friday, January 15, 2010

Attention Knitters - Have you seen THIS site?


I have found a website that I refer to whenever I have a knitting term that I do not understand. The beauty of this site is that it not only describes how to knit a particular stitch, but it also has videos that show you how to knit the stitch.  And wait - there's more!!!!  It shows you how to knit stitches in both the English and the Continental styles of knitting!  Now, to me, this is the best thing going out there.  My Grandmother taught me how to knit Continental style when I was 9, and all we got to was cast on, knit, purl and basic bind off before she passed away  There was still so much to learn, but no one to teach me.  And all of the knitters I knew only knit English style.  Let me tell you how exciting it was to be living in South Africa and have knitters there question what in the heck I was doing, since none of them knit Continental style.

So anyway, here is the site - knittinghelp.com .  Click on that link and it will take you directly to the glossary and the videos.

Going back to work on the lace scarf I am knitting from yarn that I spun.  If all goes well, I should be able to post the photo for you all in a few days.  Until then, stay safe and go well.

No comments: