Sunday, January 24, 2010

THIS is why I am a Paper Gypsy

Soon after I started my journey as a paper artist, I fell in love with making miniature books and albums.  My favorite place to take classes and get inspiration was My Daughter's Wish in Walnut Creek.  It was located on Broadway, next to Changes Salon and Day Spa.  When the owner of the building upped the cost of the lease for the store, My Daughter's Wish had to move from its wonderful site and classroom in Walnut Creek to an industrial complex in Pleasant Hill.  Although there was more room for all things paper and a larger classroom, there just wasn't enough foot traffic at the new site.  As a result, My Daughter's Wish became a casualty of the economy and closed its doors last year.  SO sad!

Now, what does this have to do with moi?  Well, at My Daughter's Wish I discovered a line of papers, ephemera, books and "junque" produced by a company known as 7 Gypsies.  The 7 Gypsies line drew me in like a moth to a flame, and WHAM! I was addicted to everything they produced.  My love of these items went along with all the other reasons I consider myself to be a gypsy (see the first post in the blog), so I became the Paper Gypsy.

Twice a year, when 7 Gypsies releases a new product catalog,  I am reminded why I am The Paper Gypsy.  The new catalog is absolutely amazing, and there are so many wonderful items in the new catalog that a hopeless Francophile can use when she is creating new art.  If you also enjoy looking at paper, ephemera, supplies for making miniature books, and really good junque, take a look at the new catalog here .

Also, the infamous scarf knitted of handspun wool was finished after I got home from work this evening!  Hooray!  I think it came out really well.  I will take pictures ASAP and post them for you to see on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Have a great evening!

No comments: